Rubha Cadail Lighthouse
Rubha Cadail Lighthouse sits on a peninsular that separates Loch Canaird, near the small village of Rhue and Loch Broom, which is the main approach to the small port at Ullapool.
The Lighthouse came into operation in 1952 and was built for the Northern Lighthouse Board but has since been transfered to the Ullapool Harbour Trustees.
The light flashes once every 6 seconds and shows white sectors visible for 9 Nautical Miles, as well as red and green sectors, both visible for 6 Nautical Miles depending on the direction it is viewed from.
It is unclear who designed the light, but it definately takes some of its design features such as its lantern (similar to those installed on Lighthouses designed by Charles Alexander Stevenson) and tower shape, as well as small details like the size and location of windows and vents from designs for other earlier small and automatic lighthouses designed by David Alan Stevenson
The Lighthouse is visible clearly from the Caledonian MacBrayne ferry's that operate the route between Ullapool and Stornoway and can also be walked to from Rhue.