Watchet Harbour Lighthouse
Watchet Harbour's very eye-catching bright red lighthouse was built at the end of the town's north breakwater in 1862, when the harbour was in its heyday; exporting iron ore. The hexagonal cast iron tower shows a fixed green light from 3 green windows at the top of the tower, which is visible for 9 Nautical Miles. The small breakwater is open to the public, free of charge and there is parking nearby.
Up till 2000, watchet harbour was still commercial - it is now in use as a marina.