Worldwide Lighthouses

Mevagissey Lighthouse

Mevagissey

General Information


Established: 1896

Current Lighthouse Built: 1896

Automated: 1896

Light Information


White: 12 Nautical Miles

Mevagissey lighthouse was built in 1896 to mark the south breakwater that protects the small harbour.

The 8 metre high hexagonal cast iron tower is painted white with a black band around the base.

The lantern houses a white light that shows for 1.5 Seconds followed by 2 seconds of darkness, it then gives another flash with a duration of 1.5 seconds, followed by 5 seconds of darkness, before repeating the cycle. The light is visible for 12 Nautical miles, and a fog-signal mounted on the gallery sounds once every 30 seconds in reduced visability.