Worldwide Lighthouses

Fleetwood High Lighthouse

Fleetwood High

General Information


Established: 1840

Current Lighthouse Built: 1840

Operator: Port of Fleetwood

Designer: Decimus Burton

Light Information


Green: 9 Nautical Miles

Fleetwood high lighthouse, one of a pair marking the entrance to the river wyre was built in 1840 and was designed by Decimus Burton for the Port of Fleetwood. The 27 metre high, stone, circular tower is built on a square base, 320 metres away from the low light. A green light is shown from a small rectangular window in the lantern at the top - it flashes once every 2 seconds.